Monday, August 3, 2015

Writing on Writing

So this blog is like an ongoing first draft of this story. I realized that the commander gets referenced entirely too much to not have a name, but I didn't want to go back and update multiple entries to correct it. Should I ever consolidate and publish, I will definitely give him a name.

I feel like I've run into a dead-end right now. There's more story not yet published, but it may take more than a little handwaving to get the characters past where I have them right now. I'd rather not, but I'm just not sure where else to go. And that sucks, because I really like Stephen King's approach of always writing the truth. Sure, there's magic and a pseudo-medieval world going on, but still, there's an internal logic to the story. Or I might go GoT, which could potentially solve the issue. Maybe that's why they all die in his stories?

In my zombie story (available now on Amazon) I kill off a character pretty quickly and I had some backlash from some of readers. Others liked it, but I get not everyone wants to get invested in a character only to see him or her die.

Any thoughts from you, the reader at home? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment