Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Writer's block

Can you cook with the oil that comes off people's skin and hair? I wouldn't expect it to taste good, and certainly am not advocating for some new cuisine, but I just wonder if it's actually possible. I tried looking it up last week and found all sorts of info on something called gutter oil, which is absolutely disgusting, but also not at all related. I found someone else had asked on one of those public question forums and received no useful replies. I really don't want to figure it out firsthand. Not now, at least. I wish I had thought of this question in college. I would have been much more likely to try to figure it out. Probably could have enlisted some adventurous friends to lend a greasy hand, too.

For my story One Cold Day: A Zombie Story, I needed to look up how to operate a handgun, and found a wealth of information. For another story that is not yet available, I looked up some info about car crashes and again, plenty of info. So why can't anyone tell me if it's possible to rub a potato through my hair and over my face on a hot day and get enough sebum to potentially improve the cook time versus a naked potato?

I really don't want to be the first astronaut on this topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment